Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by National Mango Board. As always, all opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting brands that help run this site!
National Fajita Day is August 18th, and I can’t think of a better way to celebrate than with this delicious Grilled Shrimp Fajitas with Mango recipe!
The sweet & savory flavors of Grilled Shrimp Fajitas topped with mangos are mouthwatering delicious! Served in a warm tortilla or in a lettuce wrap to lower caloric intake, this quick and easy dish can be prepared for lunch or dinner. Did you know that mangos are always in season and available fresh year-round? So, you can make this recipe at any time!
Grilled Shrimp Fajitas with Mango
Yields: 2 servings.
21-25 medium raw shrimp
1 tbsp olive oil
2 bell peppers (different colors) sliced into strips
1/2 large red onion sliced into strips
2 ripe mangos
4 tortillas (preferably corn) or 4 Lettuce Cups (Romaine or Butter Lettuce)
2 limes sliced
1/4 cup lime juice
1/4 cup orange juice
1 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp of your favorite fajita seasoning blend
1. Mix together the marinade ingredients and add the shrimp. Toss to coat, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
2. Cut mango into slices.
3. In a large pan over high heat, add oil and roast the bell peppers and onions in the oil until slightly limp. Set aside.
4. Cook Shrimp: Grill or Stovetop
Grill – Preheat grill to 300°F. Spray grill with cooking spray and grill shrimp, 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on size. Transfer to a bowl.
Stovetop – In a large grilling skillet over medium high heat add shrimp and cook for 1 to 2 minutes per side depending on size. Transfer to a bowl.
5. Add the mango and fajita seasoning to the shrimp.
6. Add the peppers and onions to the skillet.
7. Serve grilled shrimp and vegetables with warm tortillas or lettuce cups. Top with remaining mangos, pico de gallo and guacamole (optional) and sliced limes